Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Craft Project- Shabby to Chic


Owl
Originally uploaded by ericaburnsdesigns
I found this old rusty cart at work when we were doing a little cleaning. I thought about taking it the first day but I forgot about it. The cleaning crew left it behind that night, so I thought it must be a sign that it is meant for to take it & love it! You can see the before here:



EWWW!!! It was a rusty mess!


After a little help from my son EJ painting & treating the rust spots


I decoupaged some pretty paper on the tops. I also added a few cute little details like this lucite kissing bird.




Now I have a chic little cart that I have added some zines & trinkets to add a little cheer to my living room. Plus the dogs like to look at it!



2 comments:

Shayne said...

Super cute! And hello to my puppies and Mr. Nubbins, Sr.!

EricaBurnsDesigns said...

Lola wants to like the cat off of you! EWWW! That sounded naughty! HEHE!!!