Sunday, February 17, 2008

Killer Play & Killer Food

Last night my husband, Troy, took me to see Killer Joe at the Maryland Ensemble Theatre (MET) in Frederick, MD. It was a really fun play. The set was amazing! The play was set in a trailer home in Texas. The kitchen/ living room had such attention to detail. There were ZZ Top & Led Zepplin posters on the wall, a little troll on the TV (a la 1985), the table even had the old Tupperware salt & pepper shakers! The acting was very good as well. We had a really great time!

Since I have no work tomorrow (thank you President's Day) I am going to make a nice big dinner tonight. I am planning to make fried chicken, rice & steamed vegtables. I am also going to make these Apple Fritters I found at allrecipes.com. They look yummy & I have some apples I need to do something with since they are not being eaten quickly enough. Troy loves home cooking so he should like these!

I have been doing a lot of cooking lately. I made this recipe from Rachel Ray last night.
They were a real hit! We had enough left over for breakfast this morning too.

I also plan to do a few loads of laundry and get some crafting done today. I'm going to be a busy girl!

1 comment:

Shayne said...

I'm glad you had a good time!